Sunday 30 October 2011

Tan reviews

Through the summer i tried a couple of tans so here are the reviews for all you chicks who love to fake it like me :).
Firstly i tried this Fake Bake Flawless Liquid. I did my research on it and then headed to Debenhams the next day to purchase it. I think it was priced at £21.99 which i think is a little expensive but i was hoping it was worth every penny. That night i got a shower and exfoliated my skin then began to prepare it. When i opened the box i expected to find just a bottle of tan but much to my surprise there was a Fake Bake tanning mitt and gloves included. So i put on the gloves and mitt and started to apply it, i found it was really dark but applied really well for a liquid tan. After covering my whole body in this tan i waited about half an hour before getting dressed and getting into bed. It wasn't sticky atall which was a plus.
Advantages -
  •  Dried quickly
  • No funny smell
  • Clear tanning guide
  • Tanning mitt and gloves included
  • Olive looking tan after 1 application
  • After 2 applications a deep brown tan
  • Tan stayed for approximately 7 days
  • Didn't go patchy and faded evenly
NO DISADVANTAGES!

                     This is one of the best tans i have EVER used and i will continue to use it. Recommended for anyone who wants a natural medium to dark tan.

Here is a photo of me after two applications of the Flawless Liquid Fake Bake tan.

Later on in the summer (August) i decided to try another Fake Bake product but the Beyond Bronze mousse. This one was priced a bit cheaper at £12.99 in a shop called Bodycare. I can't say this one was as successful as the previous Fake Bake product i tried. This was very light but a lot of it seemed to come off in the shower so i found myself applying it as an instant before going out.
Advantages -
  •  Light tan for those who don't want to be dark
  • Dries quickly
  • No smell
  • Used well for instant tan
Disadvantages -
  • Majority comes off in the shower
  • Very light tan
  • Not a good build up tan
I used the Fake Bake Beyond Bronze Mousse for a party a few weeks ago and found it wasn't dark enough for my liking so i applied some instant tan by Creightons Bronze Ambition Glow n Go instant matte finish. This is an absolute bargain for last minute tan, priced at £1.99 in bodycare. This turned out really nice over the Fake Bake Beyond Bronze Mousse.
I have tried this without any tan on underneath and the results weren't very good but i think it's a useful product when needing an extra bit of tan before heading out.
This was the end result which i was rather pleased with. Apologies for the poor lighting!

Have any of you dolls tried these products? How did you find them?
I hope these reviews were helpful x


No comments:

Post a Comment